Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default septic tank regs 2020

On 28/07/2020 12:12, NY wrote:
On 27/07/2020 21:24, NY wrote:
a mini sewage works - at great cost, and making a constant loud hum
from the motor that stirs the contents.

A mini sewage works, at about £8000 and almost completely noiseless
but impossible to fit under a patio

The only person I know who has a mini sewage works is someone that I
sometimes deliver the local parish magazine to, and the hum of his
sewage works is audible from about 100 yards away - he's got it
positioned as far as possible from his house to minimise the noise that
he can hear from the house or garden. It's about the same noise at 100
yards as standing right next to a noisy fridge. Maybe his sewage works
is an early model and more noisy that modern ones.

Well round here they are as common as muck and the only one I have heard
operating is mine when I lift the lid.

Mine is around 19 years old.

--
I would rather have questions that cannot be answered...
....than to have answers that cannot be questioned

Richard Feynman