Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim GM4 DHJ ... Jim GM4 DHJ ... is offline

Default septic tank regs 2020

On 27/07/2020 21:24, NY wrote:
"Jimk" wrote in message
o.uk...
"Jim GM4 DHJ ..." Wrote in message:
On 27/07/2020 17:13, april showers wrote:
Can anyone explain to me in very simple terms what theÂ* new septic
tank regs are?

I have been looking on you tube and found a site which said all old
eptic tanks have to be replaced regardless of how they work.

Then someone said it was fake information. But I cannot find out
whats correct and what is not.

Have we all got to spend 15K replacing septic tanks, even when they
work perfectly?Â* Really? Why?

how come when I eat a Herring I always think of septic tanks...?

Are they red?

Having recently bought a house with a septic tank, I looked into this.
As far as I can tell, existing septic tanks can continue being used
until further notice, but a new installation (and maybe a replacement
for a failed septic tank) has to be a mini sewage works - at great cost,
and making a constant loud hum from the motor that stirs the contents.

Since our septic tank is under the patio where we sit in the sun, we
wouldn't want a loud hum all the time. We'd have to find a site
elsewhere in the garden where the noise was less obtrusive, but which
was still easy for the poo-sucking wagon to empty the tank periodically.

Klargester shares will rise...