Posted to alt.home.repair
AK[_3_] AK[_3_] is offline

Default Actual LED TVs? do they exist?

On Monday, July 27, 2020 at 4:59:35 PM UTC-5, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Mon, 27 Jul 2020 18:54:55 +0100, AK wrote:

On Monday, July 27, 2020 at 12:23:38 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Are any TVs just LED? Or is LED just a backlight to an LCD panel? I
thought they'd invented TVs where every dot was a tricolour LED, but I
can't find any such thing.

You mean like these:
https://www.sony.com/electronics/tv/t/led-televisions

Not tri-color LEDs, but millions of each RGB color

https://www.techhive.com/article/247..._led_hdtv.html

I do not see much point in 4K and 8K TVs.

No one broadcasts in that resolution.

Funny how I watched The Grand Tour on Amazon Prime at 4K.

And even if you're favourite ****ty broadcaster doesn't yet, they will long before your new 4K TV wears out.

You must have missed my followup post where I specified over the air stations.

I don't think TV stations are in any hurry to spend the big bucks to go to the
ATSC 3.0 standard.

It took forever to go to digital.

Andy