Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Topfield 5810 repairs

On Mon, 27 Jul 2020 16:48:55 +0100, Tim Lamb
wrote:

In message , T i m
writes
On Mon, 27 Jul 2020 10:07:14 +0100, Tim Lamb
wrote:

Snip
The reason I might still bother to do stuff myself is convenience and
the opportunity to doing it the way I wanted (as you did with much of
your LAN wiring, doing a better job with good advice from here than
the 'electrician did for you)? Same with your covered walkway roof?

Did the replacement distribution amp sort the problem?

Yes.

That's good.

Still don't know the cause.

It may have just been 'one of those things' or a bigger picture may
emerge in time.

The Topfield tuning failure may be
implicated or coincident.

If that was on one of the outputs of the distribution amp I think you
have the option of turning remote power feed on or off in the
settings. We don't have the same as you so they may be different in
that respect in any case.

I'll replace the transistor before trying
again.

Ok.

At least I now know where the aerial installer put the cables and which
feed connects to which outlet.

;-)

I still have that left over glass fibre kit if you are out this way.

Noted. Not really been anywhere in the car since lockdown but will
make a point of coming your way when I do. ;-)

You still open for fisherpersons as there seem to be plenty on the
lakes round here?

Cheers, T i m