Posted to alt.home.repair
\[email protected] \Retired@Home.com is offline

Default Ceiling Fan Decapititions - Busted

On 7/27/20 2:45 PM, wrote:
Every year about 6 billion people are decapitated by ceiling fans. Yet,
the government and industries that are supposed to protect us do nothing
about it. These same companies are the ones that ban smoking in bars,
and have removed lead from paint. WTF.... People who eat paint DESERVE
to die, and smokers choose to die. But what about these killer fans?
People can and do accidentally get decapitated daily. Tall people have
more risk than others, but everyone can, and may get their heads removed
at any moment.

Why isn't something being done about this? All it takes is a simple
cage type housing over the fan's blades, to prevent these unnecessary
deaths. I think it's time for everyone who has lost a friend or
relative due to ceiling fan decapitation to file a lawsuit against the
companies that manufacture these killing devices. Either put them out
of business, or FORCE them to make safe fans.

More people die from ceiling fans on a yearly basis, than people die
from guns. Yet all we hear about is banning guns. How about banning
ceiling fans until they can be made safe....

Ban The Fan !!!

There are 7.5 billion people on the entire earth so I'm not sure how 80% die each year from ceiling fans

This urban myth was "busted" in 2004

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ceilin...Ceiling_Fan%22