Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default septic tank regs 2020

On 27/07/2020 17:13, april showers wrote:
Can anyone explain to me in very simple terms what the new septic tank regs are?

I have been looking on you tube and found a site which said all old eptic tanks have to be replaced regardless of how they work.

Then someone said it was fake information. But I cannot find out whats correct and what is not.

Have we all got to spend 15K replacing septic tanks, even when they work perfectly? Really? Why?

You need to have a tank meeting modern regs which is almost always an
active bio-stirrer one IF YOU REPLACE A TANK. But no building reg has
EVER been retrospective.

fully understood.