Posted to uk.d-i-y
www.GymRatZ.co.uk[_2_] www.GymRatZ.co.uk[_2_] is offline

Default Connect a "normal phone" jack to VoIP?

On 11/07/2020 16:28, Jimk wrote:
Thinking I'll dump my land line & go 4g at my next renewal of ISP.

I "never" use the landline for calls. But if I wanted to, could I
connect a normal phone to use the interweb kind of like VoIP? If
so how?

(I appreciate it wouldn't work if the 4g internet was down.)

I found the perfect solution for giving my mother a VOIP phone in her
care home. The important fact was that I needed it to still use her DECT
phone as she has dementia.

Draytec Vigor 2862Vac was my solution.
The vigor-2762vac should meet your requirements though.

DECT Base plugs into it's POTS port, 4G dongle (vodafone) into the USB
port, a couple of VoIP accounts and she has free calls to most landlines
and 2p/minute to my mobile and a local Geographic inbound number so all
her elderly chums can still call with or without their local STD code
plus I can access her inbound and outbound call voip logs and have
black-listed all the STD codes at inbound voip account from areas she
shouldn't be getting calls from telesales/scam calls are a thing of the
past.