Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Gram Input

In article ,
wrote:
My ”HiFi• Consisted of a busted Dansette clone with no amp or
transformer (we used my train set transformer and a dropper resister).
And the Gram input of a valve radio (we had a similar setup downstairs
which my father had built into an old sideboard to make a Radiogram)

Anyway, I used to play 45s and later LPs on this.

I imagine the radio was probably just post war.

Would this have had RIAA Compensation circuitry built in?

Only the records sounded fine to me, which makes me wonder if RIAA isn‘t
that important??

Certain types of gross mismatch between a valve input and cartridge went
some way to giving something like the RIAA curve. Good enough for a very
lo-fi result

--
*Do paediatricians play miniature golf on Wednesdays?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.