I-zheet M'drurz

Default Some joists on deck not resting on beams. Problem?

Jeff Wisnia wrote:

I wouldn't spend much time worrying about some 1/8" gaps here
and there, it's *wood* fergosh sakes

INDEED!

A 1/8" gap where the joists cross the beams could be caused by a
warp of as little as 1/16" in each piece. That's a deck you're
building, not a piece of furniture.

YEP!!!!

If you haven't yet put on the decking you could get a couple of
3/4" pipe clamps, back out those screws you put in and try and
snug down those gaps with the clamps before replacing the
screws.

If it were me I'd consider any further effort to correct this
condition to be just "gilding a turd" and get on with finishing
the job so those gaps will be out of sight, and hopefully out of
mind.

Yes, but you apparently have more than 1/8" gap between the
east and west ends of your sphincter. Don't know if we can
say that for sure about the, uhhh, other guy!

--
Ha'i D-suhlami
filling in for I-zheet M'drurz