Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Topfield 5810 repairs

On Mon, 27 Jul 2020 11:28:59 GMT, lid (AnthonyL)
wrote:

snip

I never got involved in the Toppy *my stuff* as I found the 5810 did all
I needed and it was mostly beyond my competence level anyway. I do love
scrolling through adverts at x16:-)

You've missed out massively,

+ a few here it seems. ;-)

and with some of the other TAPS
available.

Agreed.

One of the best UI's of anything I've ever encountered,
not just PVRs.

This is my issue when trying to create a Toppy replacement. I think I
can cover all the fancy features but it seems more difficult to get
the raw basic efficiency, speed and simplicity.

I think that's why many who have had Toppys and the likes of MyStuff
find it very difficult to replace them, even after trying the 'modern'
replacements.

I recently picked up a s/h 40" Panasonic TV and the delay after
hitting the 'Guide' button and seeing it on screen, whilst probably
only a second, seems like a lifetime against the near instant response
of everything on the Topfield.

Cheers, T i m