Posted to alt.home.repair
SNAG SNAG is offline

Default PING Clare S

On 7/26/2020 4:04 PM, trader_4 wrote:
On Sunday, July 26, 2020 at 4:11:04 PM UTC-4, SNAG wrote:
You've been a great help in the past helping me diagnose car problems
... I'm trying to help my son figure out a dead cylinder on his 2003
town & country van . He's getting a code that says #6 injector is not
functioning . We've tried swapping that injector to a different cylinder
, the code does not follow the injector . We have replaced the injector
wiring harness because it was melted and shorting out , it has been
suggested that the short may have caused damage to the computer -
specifically the #6 injector driver . I know exactly zip about these
newer cars with the all computerized engine controls and hope you can
shed some light on this problem . If I can't get this thing running
right I may have to let him take my truck again ... and I'm not sure it
can survive another round of his abuse .
Another question , can this problem cause other damage ? I don't
think it can since it's just not getting gas to that cylinder but ...
--
Snag on the
travelin' laptop

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/ho...-fuel-injector

Thanks , but we've already determined that the injector is OK . We
swapped it to a different cylinder , the code did not move with the
injector . Also , I applied 12V to the injector in question , it clicked
as it should - I pressurized the inlet side while momentarily applying
power and residual fuel flowed from it . It is in a different cylinder
now and functioning properly . If I had an oscilloscope I could check
for a voltage pulse ... my voltmeter isn't fast enough to catch it .
--
Snag on the
travelin' laptop