Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default Topfield 5810 repairs

In message , T i m
writes
On Sun, 26 Jul 2020 18:08:21 +0100, Tim Lamb
wrote:

In message , Peter Johnson
writes
On Sun, 26 Jul 2020 10:28:54 +0100, Tim Lamb
wrote:

As an aside, is there a PVR with comparable performance on the market?

The best I found was the Panasonic DMR-BWT850. Not as versatile as
having MyStuff though but it does have HD and a Blu-ray
player/recorder. And still quite pricey for a design that's five years
old - which tells you a lot about the market for such stuff.
I had a brief fling with one of these:
https://www.silicondust.com/product/...onnect-quatro/
which has four tuners but it can't cope with programes that aren't
broadcast as advertised.

Thanks. I'll have a look. Not hugely impressed with my wife's Humax.

Nor were we, including the replacement we got under warranty (and
about the first bit of new kit I've bought that needed replacing).

She's got a Topfield now and will be going over to Kodi and the
TVHeadend 8 tuner rig as I finalise it. ;-)

I hope this isn't depriving the BBC of licence fees!

I never got involved in the Toppy *my stuff* as I found the 5810 did all
I needed and it was mostly beyond my competence level anyway. I do love
scrolling through adverts at x16:-)

--
Tim Lamb