Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default PING Clare S

In alt.home.repair, on Sun, 26 Jul 2020 15:10:49 -0500, SNAG
wrote:

You've been a great help in the past helping me diagnose car problems
... I'm trying to help my son figure out a dead cylinder on his 2003
town & country van . He's getting a code that says #6 injector is not

I'm not Clare but what is the code? There could be more than one
related to this, especially if it could be the computer.

functioning . We've tried swapping that injector to a different cylinder
, the code does not follow the injector . We have replaced the injector
wiring harness because it was melted and shorting out , it has been
suggested that the short may have caused damage to the computer -
specifically the #6 injector driver . I know exactly zip about these
newer cars with the all computerized engine controls and hope you can
shed some light on this problem . If I can't get this thing running
right I may have to let him take my truck again ... and I'm not sure it
can survive another round of his abuse .
Another question , can this problem cause other damage ? I don't

Good question, my guess is no for the reason you give. Clare will be
around soon.

He ought to be able to get by on 5 cylinders. When I was a boy I only
had one.

Of course that was a lawn mower.

think it can since it's just not getting gas to that cylinder but ...
--
Snag on the
travelin' laptop