Posted to uk.d-i-y
misterroy misterroy is offline

Default non slip rubber - what is the non-slippiest?

On Sunday, July 26, 2020 at 4:49:59 PM UTC+1, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
The trouble is that the non slippiest tends to get itself coated in stuff
and is then not so non slip like the material in those non slip mats, which
you can get on a roll, and its wonderful when new, but...
So is the problem up and down slippage or rotational?
I would have thought it should rotate, but not move up and down, in which
case some kind of araldite on rings top and bottom would seem to be needed.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"misterroy" wrote in message
I do a bit of windsurfing and the masts have got narrower over the years. I
have an adapter that goes on the mast and then the clamp on the boom clamps
to the adapter. Unfortunately the adapter is made from a fairly hard
plastic and the joint slips.

It is just a round pole with a round clamp, the clamp is oversize.

I want to make my own adapter and had a look on ebay.
I saw two possibilities.
Silicone sheet and reinforced conveyor belt, both at 6mm thick.

Any thoughts for a good material which will not let the clamp slip down?
thanks

Some Dycem bought.
Hopefully no swearing at the clamp next time I am out.