Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jimk Jimk is offline

Default non slip rubber - what is the non-slippiest?

misterroy Wrote in message:
I do a bit of windsurfing and the masts have got narrower over the years. I have an adapter that goes on the mast and then the clamp on the boom clamps to the adapter. Unfortunately the adapter is made from a fairly hard plastic and the joint slips.

It is just a round pole with a round clamp, the clamp is oversize.

I want to make my own adapter and had a look on ebay.
I saw two possibilities.
Silicone sheet and reinforced conveyor belt, both at 6mm thick.

Any thoughts for a good material which will not let the clamp slip down?
thanks

Neoprene foam?
--
Jimk