Posted to uk.d-i-y
Michael Chare[_4_] Michael Chare[_4_] is offline

Default Topfield 5810 repairs

On 25/07/2020 21:28, Tim Lamb wrote:
Coincidental with the TV aerial amplifier fault, I have a tuner problem
with my PVR.

All the internal supply voltages are close to spec. (the capacitors were
replaced some years back) but it won't tune and initially displayed no
signal at tuner 1).

Last time this happened ISTR replacing a switching transistor on the
main board. (Q14). I have some de-soldering braid and a few transistors
on order but would welcome any further advice.

The person to ask is Andy Fraser. He used to post on the toppy forum. I
possibly know his email address if that would help.

--
Michael Chare