Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Bathroom ceiling

On Saturday, July 25, 2020 at 11:11:41 AM UTC-4, leza wang wrote:
On Saturday, July 25, 2020 at 11:03:29 AM UTC-4, trader_4 wrote:
On Saturday, July 25, 2020 at 10:17:39 AM UTC-4, leza wang wrote:
Hi
I removed the drywalls in the bathroom in my basement and also the drywall in the roof of that bathroom. I do not want drywalls. Now I see in the roof a wood (please see attached pictures / links). What is this used for? Can I remove it. I want the bathroom "unfinished" and I do not mind to see all the concrete and structural woods as I am planning to paint them and keep it that way. I appreciate any help in advance. Thank you so much.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gJJ...ew?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Izr...ew?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1n8M...ew?usp=sharing

No idea what kind of construction that even is. It looks like plywood that's
showing, what's above that? Seems odd that they would put up plywood and
then sheetrock over it. Also I see electrical cable that you're going to
have to deal with and what's the electrical contraption on the wall?
Regarding leaving it unfinished, you might want to check code as to what's
allowed for bathrooms and showers, especially if you intend to sell the
place some day.

Thank you for your reply. The bathroom is under the front porch. I am not worry about the code. The house is very small old and I do not think it has any value as a house only the land. The new owner would build a new one

How about ceiling tiles over what's there? That plywood looks like it's OK,
you could put tiles over it. I don't see the point in taking it down,
unless you're sure what you expose is going to look better as is.