Posted to alt.home.repair
leza wang leza wang is offline

Default Bathroom ceiling

On Saturday, July 25, 2020 at 10:39:07 AM UTC-4, Frank wrote:
On 7/25/2020 10:17 AM, leza wang wrote:
Hi
I removed the drywalls in the bathroom in my basement and also the drywall in the roof of that bathroom. I do not want drywalls. Now I see in the roof a wood (please see attached pictures / links). What is this used for? Can I remove it. I want the bathroom "unfinished" and I do not mind to see all the concrete and structural woods as I am planning to paint them and keep it that way. I appreciate any help in advance. Thank you so much.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gJJ...ew?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Izr...ew?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1n8M...ew?usp=sharing

Years ago my builder had tiled shower over drywall which deteriorated
with time and shower was rebuilt with tile over cement board which
should be used in bath and shower. That was over 40 years ago and
shower is still in great shape.

Sorry what do you recommend?