Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Win 10 file sharing problem

In article ,
Andy Burns wrote:
Harry Bloomfield wrote:

I configure most things to static IP's anyway, it makes certain things
much easier that way

Using MAC address reservations, instead of static addresses, is better
for devices (laptops, phones) that are mobile ...

I've now compiled a list of the MAC addresses of everything on my network,
names and their IP addresses at the time.

Can you point me in the direction of how to set things up using MAC
addresses? My router is a BT one, but does seem to be quite configurable.
If a bit short on help. ;-)

--
*They told me I had type-A blood, but it was a Type-O.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.