Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Overheating Henry Vacuum Cleaner

On Friday, 24 July 2020 02:44:03 UTC+1, Wingnuts wrote:
replying to alan_m, Wingnuts wrote:
Thank you for all of your replies.

I only have a multimeter and a basic one at that (TIS 258), I'll have a look
online to see if that is of any use, otherwise I'll go about getting power
socket meter as it'll be useful to have anyway.

It's got a 10A scale, but only dc. A bridge rectifier would enable it to measure Henry's current draw. Realise that it'll only handle 10A for a few seconds.

I've taken the motor out, which is as far as I can go as I cannot see how to
proceed from here. Although I would like, even if just for completion sake,
peace of mind, and to learn something to be able to dismantle if further if
anyone can point me in the right direction?

We have. Where's the sticking point?

NT

I've attached a few photos hoping they will help.

Again, thanks for everyone's help thus far.

Wingnuts.
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/pj
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/pk
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/pl