Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Overheating Henry Vacuum Cleaner

On Thursday, 23 July 2020 19:38:06 UTC+1, alan_m wrote:
On 23/07/2020 18:58, tabbypurr wrote:

I wash filters in the sink, takes no time. A soak first really helps. Hoses I wash in the shower. I daresay you could run a hose through a washing machine but it might come out very scuffed. A quick hand wash is far quicker.

A hose in the washing machine is unlikely to wash anything out of the
inside of the hose.

Flexi hose use the same garden hose. Hold both end of the flexi hose at
the same level so the forms a U shape and use the hose to fill one side.
When full drop hold one end high and drop the other end to let the water
rush out. Repeat but this time drop the other side so the water flows in
the opposite direction. You may be surprised at the weight of water that
the flexi hose can hold. Again, drape it over a washing line to let it
drip dry.

A machine will do far more of that than you'll ever be willing to do by hand.

The Henry filter may be a bit big for sink.

now there's a non-challenge

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Replacement.../dp/B002P90F5E

If you use a hepaflo disposable bag in a Henry you are unlikely to need
to clean the filter more than once in many years. I've only had to clean
mine once when I neglected to close the catch properly and the seal
between the top and bottom of the Henry didn't form an air tight
connection.

IME a high percentage of used machines need their filters washing or replacing

NT

Use a garden hose for a Henry filter - just blast it in the opposite
direction to that the Henry sucks. Hang it out on the washing line to
let it dry.