Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Joyce Jim Joyce is offline

Default Sevenx days left

On Fri, 24 Jul 2020 16:17:32 -0400, micky wrote:

In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 24 Jul 2020 14:08:49 -0500, Jim Joyce
wrote:

On Fri, 24 Jul 2020 12:38:33 -0400, micky wrote:

Trump said in April that by August, things will be okay with the virus
and they will have a normal convention.

He has seven days left. I'm sure that's enough. He's going to make it!

I thought he canceled the convention yesterday. Is it back on?

Maybe I misphrased it... Trump would say the important thing is that
they *could* have a normal convention, not they at they actually have
one. And we have 7 days left. We'll make it.

Ever the optimist, I see.

I heard an interesting report yesterday from "unnamed sources in the WH who
are familiar with the campaign", so take it with a grain of salt. They said
that Trump's window of opportunity for turning the polls around is, at
best, about 4 weeks wide and shrinking rapidly.

I would think it's shrinking by one day each day. I guess it's
percentages that make it seem rapid. 4% a day now and increasing to 50%
the next to last day.

I think they presented it as a non-linear thing, with Trump's actions and
inactions affecting the more distant endpoint. The near endpoint is now,
while the far endpoint is the date on which Trump silently gives up.

The point is quickly
arriving where he'll have essentially taken himself out of contention in
the upcoming election.

I can only hope.