Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Windows 10 funny.

Yes I always turn off the file hiding and also turn on textual extensions so
you can actually tell what is what. Show system files is always on here.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"John Rumm" wrote in message
On 23/07/2020 15:52, Andy Burns wrote:
Broadback wrote:

When I right click on Start to look at file explorer I get double
displays of most of the options

If you look in

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\ WinX\Group2\

where USERNAME is you, do you see the same duplicate shortcuts?

+1

However note that the AppData folder is often hidden - so if you type /
paste the full path into file explorer's address bar it will go there,
however if you look in the USERNAME folder it might not show up.

(FWIW, As a shortcut, holding the windows key and hitting E will open a
new explorer window)

--
Cheers,

John.