Posted to alt.home.repair
Bod[_3_] Bod[_3_] is offline

Default UK couple win bid to name son Lucifer

On 24/07/2020 00:21, wrote:
On Thu, 23 Jul 2020 15:13:15 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 7/23/2020 12:49 PM, notX wrote:
On 7/22/20 8:57 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

[snip]

€œI tried to explain that we are not religious people, and Lucifer in
Greek means €˜light-bringer and €˜morning but she wouldnt listen.€

It tells you something about religion, that religious people have chosen
THAT as something really bad.

Its not just religion, parents make their kid's live difficult because
they want to be cute.
Most everyone knows how to spell Karen but when you spell it Karyn, that
person will spend the rest of their life telling people how to spell it
correctly.

Two of my nieces are Debbie & Christy (Not Debra or Christine). They
had problems with teachers who could not get their head around that.

There's a few ways of spelling Deborah..... and Debra is one of them.
I don't see what the big deal is. How often does one need to spell out
ones name.....answer= very few times.