Posted to uk.d-i-y
Wingnuts Wingnuts is offline

Default Overheating Henry Vacuum Cleaner

replying to tabbypurr, Wingnuts wrote:
Thanks for your quick reply.

How do I check the idle current and lube the bearings? If you don't mind
answering what I imagine is something I should know how to do.

I was unable to dismantle the motor any further than removing it from the
Henry itself. I was hoping to be able to remove the outer housing to expose
the fins in the hope that it was actually clogged up and therefore the cause
of the overheating. But as I dismantled it, and the lack of any real build up
of debris, I was, and still am, fearing that the motor is on it's way out.

Lastly, I read somewhere, maybe here, that you can wash the filter and even
the hose on a low temp wash, is that something you are aware of or would or
wouldn't recommend doing? Ensuring that they are bone dry before reassembly.

Thanks once again for any help.

Wingnuts.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...er-575414-.htm