Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Quinetic switches are strange

On 23/07/2020 13:21, Andy Burns wrote:
Jeff Layman wrote:

It adds "To prevent interference the handshake protocol is integrated
with a precise algorithm, a 32-bit address. At every interval
communication protocols are sent three times."

If that is the case for the switch I have, then it is even stranger that
/something/ is interfering with the signal, especially as it so specific
that it only interferes with one of the two gangs.

is it a dual receiver you're using, or two single receivers?

if the latter I'd look at the receiver, if the former is it possible one
of the switches isn't "powering" the energy harvester properly?

It's two single receivers. Apart from those two occasions I mentioned,
both systems have worked faultlessly for over 9 months.

I suppose one thing I could try if it happens again is to change the
pairing so that the current "ceiling" transmitter is paired with the
"wall" receiver, and vice-versa. If the fault changes to the wall
lights, then it's the transmitter playing up, but if it stays with the
ceiling light it'll be the receiver. It's just that to do that means
crawling around the loft and accessing the receivers which are in an
awkward place.

--

Jeff