Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Framing a lean to

On 23/07/2020 09:51, wrote:
I am building a lean to in the UK
Length 27' x death 8' x height 8' with a slope for the roof upto 10'
I am considering using 2" x 4" for all the Framing with 16" between each uprights.
Again for the rafters I was thinking of using the same wood 2" x 4" at 9' lengths to allow for some overhang.
Does anyone have any concerns or suggestions

Perhaps more uprights than you need? With a bigger support at the lower
end, say a 6x2, you might get away with uprights at say 48 inches
(although I would be inclined to use 4x4 uprights).

What roof material? Is this in an exposed or windy area? What about snow
load?

You'll need some diagonal bracing for the outer "wall", I think; A
suitable roofing material would provide diagonal bracing for the roof plane.