Posted to uk.d-i-y
Paul[_46_] Paul[_46_] is offline

Default Tumble Dryer Trips RCD

RJH wrote:
I've a Beko condensing tumble dryer that trips the socket circuit RCD
(labelled 80A 30mA) only under certain circumstances - always at what seems to
be the end of a cycle (in the sense that the clothes are always dry), and only
after it hasn't been used in a while (like at the moment, when most drying is
done on the line).

Resetting the RCD is fine.

Any idea of the cause/solution, and safety issues?

Static discharge at end of drying cycle,
as drum rotates and static filled clothes
discharge to drum ?

Add fabric sheet and retest on next load.
The fabric sheet being a depleter of static charge.

I stopped using fabric sheets here some years
ago, and there is *plenty* of static when I
take out a load now :-)

Paul