Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default Cost to replace a TV aerial

On Thu, 23 Jul 2020 00:04:12 +0100, Roger Hayter wrote:

Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:

As long as you have control of the quality of the aerial, the coax and any
mounting hardware, ie make sure they use proper rawl bolts or similar not
stupid plastic plugs.
Brian

Rawlbolts (or generic copies) are great in concrete or other strong
substrates but they can be unreliable in soft brick. And they fail
before you even load them in soft blocks. Plastic plugs are more
reliable in some substrates.

I used Rawlbolts for my dish (65cm, installed about 10 years ago and still
OK) because I considered 50mmx6mm screws a bit small for that size of dish.
This is on Rustic bricks - the sort where chiselling a small flat area helps
to get the hole in the right place - and they're fairly hard, judging by
cutting holes for waste pipes.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away