Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Tumble Dryer Trips RCD

These days Beko are not the dogs they used to be.I'd suspect water or some
kind of motor issue myself.
Can you measure anything if you whip out the plug and test the leakage
between the pins before then after the trip
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"T i m" wrote in message
On Wed, 22 Jul 2020 10:54:04 +0000 (UTC), RJH
wrote:

I've a Beko condensing tumble dryer that trips the socket circuit RCD
(labelled 80A 30mA) only under certain circumstances - always at what
seems to
be the end of a cycle (in the sense that the clothes are always dry), and
only
after it hasn't been used in a while (like at the moment, when most drying
is
done on the line).

That last bit suggests damp inside the unit somewhere, bit you would
have thought that it would trigger at the beginning of the cycle,
rather than at the end?

Resetting the RCD is fine.

So it's an intermittent / associated with a particular phase in the
machines cycle.

I'm assuming that a condenser - dryer might be at it's dampest near
the end of it's cycle, most water in the catch reservoir (if it's that
type)? Water leaking out of that (from a small split) when pumping?
(Aren't there some condenser - dryers that can discharge their
condensate into a drain like a WM?).

Any idea of the cause/solution,

The only machine tripping I have had was the WM but that was as soon
as you powered it up and because of carbon brush deposits built up
around the motor.

and safety issues?

BeKo tumble dryer you say ... ? ;-(

Cheers, T i m