Posted to alt.home.repair

Default UK couple win bid to name son Lucifer

On 7/22/2020 11:40 PM, Bod wrote:
On 22/07/2020 20:50, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 7/22/2020 12:59 PM, Bod wrote:
On 22/07/2020 17:56, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 7/22/2020 12:48 PM, Bod wrote:
On 22/07/2020 17:40, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Wednesday, July 22, 2020 at 10:42:30 AM UTC-4, Bod wrote:
On 22/07/2020 15:18, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Wednesday, July 22, 2020 at 9:57:24 AM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski
wrote:
On 7/22/2020 8:09 AM, Bod wrote:
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/pa...a34396bf6b5fc5

LOL. What a fuss over nothing.

I do feel bad for the kid as he grows up.Â* No matter what the
parents
say, the negative will always be there.Â* Perception is everything.

Yeah.Â* When he gets to be about 13 years old, he's either going
to be
a very fast runner or a very good fighter.

Cindy Hamilton

Nah, this isn't America. Most of us aren't religious.

In my experience, 13-year-old boys will take any excuse to put a
beatdown
on one of their classmates.Â* An unusual name suffices.

Cindy Hamilton

Most 13 year old boys are given mickey taking nicknames.
You can imagine what names my sonÂ* Belinda was called.

Perfect reason not to give a name like that to a child knowing they
may get some ridicule.Â*Â* Even though Lucifer will mostly be called
"Lou", it is still on school records, driver license, and will be
known to others to pick on.
Â*
Blimey, are you Americans that sensitive that you can't take a bit of
ribbing.

Years ago we had a neighbor with 6 kids. The one younger one, Joey,
was often called Lucifer by others on the street and for good reason.

Most kids here probably wouldn't even associate it with a devil.
I don't know anyone who goes to a church. My parents weren't religious
nor any of my grandparents.
Where you have churches everywhere, we have pubs :-)

Pubs are a better choice