Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Mixing concrete (Aldi mixer), procedure.

On 22/07/2020 22:44, Chris Bacon wrote:
On 22/07/2020 22:35, Chris Bacon wrote:

How much cement and all-in ballast should I use for each fill, by
volume?? I'll be having dumpy bags of all-in ballast and 25kg sacks of
cement.

This is for a floor slab which will (eventually) be about 6m x 5m, and
will have a concrete prefab on it, so C20-ish.

My guess, which I forgot to post, is 1/2 a bag of cement = 12.5kg, plus
6 times that of ballast = 87.5kg total = 100kg plus abou6 6 1/2 litres
of water.

For general purpose concrete I tend to do about 5 or 6 shovels full of
ballast to each of cement. (its easier to judge by volume rather than
weight when mixing from bulk bags IMHO).

Doing a full barrow full (I think my barrow is about 85L if you brim it)
seems about right for my mixer (fairly typical Belle) - it won't take
twice that anyway without slopping loads out the front as it mixes - and
1.5 barrows full is less useful in the end.

--
Cheers,

John.