Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Connecting USB external hard drive to router

In article ,
Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) wrote:
Well I'm on my second Samsung ssd since 2015, and hence I still have a
spinning rust 2tb usb back up drive on that computer doing back ups of
the machine its plugged into Western Digital seem pretty reliable but
then I guess whatever you get always has the potential to fail due to
complexity generally.

Do wonder if anyone who calls an HD 'spinning rust' has ever looked inside
one?

The notion that an SSD should last forever is flawed. They seem to have
the same warranty as HDs.

--
*I can see your point, but I still think you're full of ****.

Dave Plowman London SW