Posted to uk.d-i-y
Scott[_17_] Scott[_17_] is offline

Default Car battery charger

On 21 Jul 2020 22:55:15 +0100 (BST), Theo
wrote:

Scott wrote:
Fit a switch for the boot bulb.

There's already two switches, one on the tailgate (which doesn't help if it
hasn't shut properly) and one on the bulb itself. But I leave the bulb on because
I want to see when I open the boot in the dark.

Could he rewire the boot light through the ignition circuit so there
is no need to remember to flip the switch?

I tend not to have the engine running when the boot is open.

I keep meaning to fit an LED, which will reduce the drain from 5W to 0.5W.
But it doesn't address the original question.

What about a time delay switch? Could you get one that cuts off after
(say) 2 minutes?

With respect, I think the original question is the wrong question :-)
Surely the correct question is how to find the best solution to the
problem.