Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cost to replace a TV aerial

On 21/07/2020 16:26, Grumps wrote:
Hi
Just wondering if anyone in the Reading area knew the approximate cost
of replacing a TV aerial. The old one has to come down (I will dispose
of it), and a new one goes up (I will supply, actually a radio antenna).

To transmit or receive radio? If it is for receive only the try it in
the loft hung from the apex first - that is where mine lives.

No wiring needed except poking the cable through an airbrick. And no
testing required.
I have a quote for £85+VAT. Sounds reasonable?
Ta.

These days I'd install a satellite dish high enough to be out of the way
but it just needs a clear line of sight to the satellite. Putting it up
on the chimney makes it 30m closer to a geostationary satellite 36,000km
away and very much harder to install and maintain.

People do that though. I watched an installer bound up the steep roof
opposite me to replace one with no cat ladder. When he got to the top
and then looked down he lost his nerve and was clinging to the fixing.

His mate had to put a cat ladder up to rescue him.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown