Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim GM4DHJ ... Jim GM4DHJ ... is offline

Default Cost to replace a TV aerial

On 21/07/2020 20:17, Grumps wrote:
On 21/07/2020 19:15, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 21/07/2020 18:01, Grumps wrote:
On 21/07/2020 17:43, Jim GM4 DHJ ... wrote:
On 21/07/2020 16:26, Grumps wrote:
Hi
Just wondering if anyone in the Reading area knew the approximate
cost of replacing a TV aerial. The old one has to come down (I will
dispose of it), and a new one goes up (I will supply, actually a
radio antenna).
No wiring needed except poking the cable through an airbrick. And
no testing required.
I have a quote for £85+VAT. Sounds reasonable?
Ta.
Remember you will have to drill out the hole in the air brick to
pass a PL259 through .....

Except the PL259 unscrews (two removable bits) leaving quite a small
diameter plug.

news to me mine unscrew and go up the cable not off....

And yes, you can screw the bits together from the plug end (that is,
you don't need to thread it all the way down the cable).
I've tested it and it fits through the hole.
Ta.

oh well slap me...73

https://imgur.com/a/1wOtwIz
Hope that link works.

cor that is a fancy one!.....I'm too cheap to buy anything like
that...tee hee...