Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Painting Anodized Aluminium

On Tue, 21 Jul 2020 18:15:07 +0100, newshound wrote:

I wouldn't use steel wool, tiny bits will get lodged in the soft

ally
and rust these will show through emulsion in time. Wet & dry will

be
OK.

Interesting point. I was just thinking of something abrasive to get
through any lacquer, not expecting to polish back through the anodised
layer. I usually find steel wool more useful than wet and dry on
"profiled" metal. I still think it would be OK for inside use, and
therefore not going to get wet.

Soft steel wool rusts, it takes the required moisture from the air.
I'd also forgotten about the electrolytic corrosion that takes place
between iron and ali. Just sayin'

--
Cheers
Dave.