Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Deaths due to Lockdown

"Pancho" wrote in message
In article ,
Pancho wrote:
I still don't know what is and isn't necessary.

Perhaps if you told us what we need to do, things would be clearer.

Just ignore it and it will go away seems to be the right wing view.

I wasn't claiming to have an answer, I'm still very much in two minds. I
was just curious as to what Tabbypurr's answer was. I was curious as to
what probabilities Tabbypurr was referring to.

Which of course it will - eventually. But if it wipes out all your family
in the process, you might have preferred a better way?

This is silly hyperbole, it would be very unlikely to wipe out all my
family. The fatality rate for kids and young adults is extremely low.
Similar to the risk level of dying in a traffic accident, and yet we don't
ban cars.

The honest version of what we are doing is... protecting some of the
elderly. This is being done at a huge cost. I know some of the young
people in my family resent this. As do people like Brian Reay,

I disagree with some of Brian's argument, but I'm not sure his conclusion
is wrong.

We know it is given that sweden got a much worse
result than all the rest of scandinavia COMBINED.