Stormin Mormon

Default DIY - adding central air

I've got 3 years of experience as a HVAC installer. I assure
you, there are a LOT of ways to screw up an installation.
From mixed up wires in the circuit board (and replacing
circuit boards) to bad oil return to the compressor, to air
flow and venting issues, and so many more. I havn't the time
to write them out.

Now, I learned from a very good man who has 30 years in the
field. He gave me the benefit of his wisdom, as I was
installing. I'm sure if I had a kit, and read and followed
the sheet, I woulda made a lot of mistakes.

You can choose to buy a kit and put it together yourself.
However, you will very likely make all the beginner
mistakes. Or you can call a local HVAC contractor, and pay
for someone who has made the mistakes on someone else's
house, and then you get the GOOD job.

Does the money savings tempt you enough to risk fans that
stay on, burnt out compressors, poor cooling, frozen coils,
cooling failures, wet cellar floors, blown circuit boards in
your furnace? If you want to risk it, then have at it.

Please let us know how it works out for you.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"calhoun" wrote in message
.. .
I want to add central air to my existing forced air furnace.
I see many
available kits and it looks pretty straight forward. Any one
done this?
Also all the kits, I have seen, use Freon. Any one know of
any that use
134A.