Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Green Chris Green is offline

Default O/T: internet security question (leaked details)

Jethro_uk wrote:
If someone nicks your computer with the authenticator app then you go
to another computer and access the authenticator with your special
password to remove the stolen device from authenticator account.

Yes, but the original I was replying to says:-

"...remembered as safe and not require signing in subsequently."

which says to me that access from a particular computer (or smartphone
maybe) is automatic, without any sort of authentication.

But that can be revoked, or still subject to re-authentication in certain
circumstances.

Still not very secure IMHO, someone steals your laptop or smartphone
and, until you notice and do something about it, they have access to
whatever is automatically allowed because your laptop/smartphone is
'secure'.

Any sort of system that makes it 'easier' for you to use complex
security will make it less secure. It's swings and roundabouts, a
simple system may not be so secure but one is much less likely to
bypass it routinely.

--
Chris Green
ยท