Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default O/T: internet security question (leaked details)

On Tue, 21 Jul 2020 16:24:16 +1000, %% wrote:

What happens if someone breaks into your house and steals the

pieces
of paper? Mine uses military security and allows you to view, cut

and
paste the passwords as required.

Assuming the device with your passwords on hasn't also been
nicked or even simply died. Lightning strike, power surge?

Both are trivially avoided by using an iphone with fingerprint
or facial recognition. Even if it gets smashed completely or
say dropped over the side of a boat etc, its trivial to replace
it and carry on regardless.

1) Assuming you like the iPhone enviroment. I don't.
2) Assuming you trust a 3rd party "cloud" with your data. I don't.
3) Using a phone for 'net access is a PITA compared to a desk top.

--
Cheers
Dave.