bill

Default Replacing attic insulation

is not an option. This project was going to wait until this fall

but
while installing some recessed lights in the kitchen I pulled

back
some of the insulation in the attic and found quite a few

termites or
flying ants. Now when the exterminator gets here I want to pull

all
the insulation out of the attic so I can have the problem

eradicated
without question.

If you get a good exterminator, I doubt if you will need to

pull up
the insulation. Let the exterminator decide. Make sure you

get a
good one with references and licensees and insurance. Then

make
sure he insures your job.
The treatment for termites greatly depends on the type and the

area
you are in.

Termites do not live in your attic.
(They nest in the ground and your house is just a convenient lunch
counter.)

Treatments are outside your house, where the termites live.

On the other hand, if you have carpeter ants ... that's another
story, but the exterminator will tell you what you have.