Posted to uk.d-i-y
Vir Campestris Vir Campestris is offline

Default How can I 'burn' an old fence post out?

On 20/07/2020 08:44, Chris Green wrote:
I think it works well because the posts are rarely rotted down into
the ground, it's just an inch or so at ground level where there's both
water and air.

I was digging one of our flowerbeds the other day and came across the
flint footings of the old outside toilet. I wouldn't have bothered if
I'd realised how deep they were... but I also found a three inch post.

I was able to pull it out by tying rope around the top, the levering it
with a 6ft crowbar.

Should have used stronger rope the first time. Thinking about it I
probably put half a ton of tension on it - and it broke.

Andy