Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default O/T: internet security question (leaked details)

On 20/07/2020 09:42, wrote:
Stick the email address in he
https://haveibeenpwned.com

Ah, that shows LinkedIn as an affected site for a data breach associated with the email address in question. I just realised that my LinkedIn account also used the old favourite email/password combo, so the recent activity could all be down to the LinkedIn breach.

https://haveibeenpwned.com says that while the LinkedIn breach was in 2016, it was 4 years later that the data began appearing on the dark web market. Maybe the vitamin supplier transaction was not at fault (still could be, though).

Cheers.

Ant.

Also check that after you get these warning emails that you don't use
the link in the same email to go to the site to change your password.