Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Different tubes do make a difference!

John-Del = Dope wrote:

===========================

I can't answer your question,

* It ain't a Q - it's a troll.

but would it have killed you to put the brand names of the original set of outputs and the replacement set you installed, or the amp you're using?

** Nowadays, there are only two kinds of *new* EL34s, Chinese and Russian.

The former suck while the latter are mostly OK.

I never heard much difference between brands of EL34s, 6CA7s,
and even 8417s I've used in my vintage Fisher integrated amp.
They all sounded fine until they became flabby with age.

** Happens to people too....

.... Phil