Posted to alt.home.repair
Fred McKenzie Fred McKenzie is offline

Default Attach outlet extender

In article ,
Clare Snyder wrote:

Yes, replace it with one like third one down that has a screw to hold it
in place
https://www.amazon.com/outlet-extend...utlet+extender

Clowns will do what clowns will do.

I'm Guilty as charged!

But the outlet adapter I referred to was like one several items down on
that page: "GE 6 Outlet Wall Plug Adapter Power Strip, Extra Wide
Spaced Outlets for Cell Phone Charger, Power Adapter, 3 Prong, Multi
Outlet Wall Charger, Quick & Easy Install, For Home Office, Home
Theater, Kitchen, or Bathroom, UL Listed, White, 50759".

This adapter replaces the original cover plate from a common dual
outlet. It is held in place with a central screw. Several other
slightly different configurations are also available. They are commonly
found in hardware stores.

If these adapters are illegal, I was not aware of it.

Fred