Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wardrobe Door Hinge Placement

On 19/07/2020 13:39, wrote:
I'm just ordering some new wardrobe doors and they're drilling the hinge holes.

The doors are 2270mm long and they think 4 holes is correct for that size.

Then I realised I don't know really where they should be placed.

Is it equidistant. Should the hinge at the bottom be higher?

Does anyone know?
Thanks.

Just checked ours (our doors are 2000 mm, not 2270, as there is a drawer
beneath each one). The doors are on an old Wickes fitted wardrobe which
was here when we moved in, maybe 15 - 20 years old?

The centres of the top and bottom hinges are about 90mm from the top and
bottom of each door. The next hinge is 695 mm from the bottom on all
four doors. The fourth hinge varies; from the top - 695 mm on three
doors, 800 on the other (there is a shelf where it would have gone if at
695 mm - there is a blanking plate over where a pre-drilled hole is at
that point.).

--
Jeff