Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Win 10 file sharing problem

In article ,
AnthonyL wrote:
On Sat, 18 Jul 2020 16:25:46 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

Unexpectedly, one answer seems to have come from elsewhere.

To enable file sharing with this ancient RISCOS machine I had to enable
Samba v1 in Win 10. And now all the Win 10 machines are talking to one
another too. Bound to be some security or whatever issue, though.

Oh yes, I forgot to mention that though now my XP machine is being
retired that may no longer be needed and I can get the pint of blood I
used to sign up for Samba v1 back.

The PC associated with this machine had Win7 and XP on separate HDs and
could boot to either. So when going Win10, I added a third SSD hoping to
be able to do the same - boot to 10,7 or XP. But of course they've changed
all that too.

--
*Arkansas State Motto: Don't Ask, Don't Tell, Don't Laugh.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.