Posted to uk.d-i-y
Harry Bloomfield, Esq. Harry Bloomfield, Esq. is offline

Default Wifi - logging brief connection

John Rumm wrote :
On 18/07/2020 19:46, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
A battery powered gadget, wakes up every 15 minutes, logs into my router
just long enough to send a batch of data to a website and then goes back to
sleep. The gadget in operation, is inaccessible, but flashes an LED on the
gadget when it transmits. Waiting 15 minutes for a flash of a few
milliseconds isn't an easy solution anyway.

My router, which it connects to, only shows it in its list of attached
devices if I happen to log into my router at just the right instant. To add
to the problem of confirming it is working, the website is sometimes just
not available.

Is there any way I can confirm the gadget is actually working and sending
the data batches?

Wireshark will do it, although it takes bit more work to get it setup to
sniff wifi.

It is obviously working now, here is the graph it produces...

https://industrial.ubidots.com/app/d...26JM4Lw3DLRyJ0