Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Brian Moore Brian Moore is offline

Default Printer roller rejuvenator recommendation?

FWIW..... I needed to refurbish the printer rollers on a Dell P1500 this weekend. I read everything I could find about what products to use or not use. I have a chemistry background so that helped. At any rate, I settled on the following simple cocktail for restoring the rollers.... It worked fantastic:

1 teaspoon DOT brake fluid
1 teaspoon naphtha (old fashioned lighter fluid)
1cc acetone

First I scrubbed the rollers lightly with soapy water and a lint-free towel..
I mixed the above in a Dixie cup. Then I rubbed this cocktail on each roller with a Q-tip, and wiped it off with the lint-free towel within 30 seconds. Then I repeated the application, wiped clean again. I was amazed. The printer works again, it was throwing the "jam" sensor every time, because the paper wasn't advancing.